Pesticide Management Notification
In compliance with recently approved New York State Education Law, the Islip School District is required to provide written notification to all parents/guardians, faculty, and staff regarding the potential use of pesticides periodically throughout the year.
The district is required to maintain a list of persons in parental relation, faculty, and staff who wish to receive 48-hour prior written notification of certain pesticide applications. The following pesticide applications are not subject to prior notification requirements:
• A school remaining unoccupied for a continuous 72-hours following an application
• Antimicrobial products
• Nonvolatile rodenticides in tamper-resistant bait stations in areas inaccessible to children
• Silica gels and other nonvolatile, ready-to-use pastes, foams, or gels in areas inaccessible to children
• Boric acid and disodiumoctaborate tetrahydrate
• The application of EPA-designated biopesticides
• The application of EPA-designated exempt materials under 40CFR152.25
• The use of aerosol products with a direct spray in containers of 18 fluid ounces or less when used to protect individuals from the threat of stinging and biting insects including venomous spiders, bees, wasps, and hornets.
If you would like to receive 48-hour prior notification of pesticide applications that are scheduled to occur in your school, please print a copy of the form below, complete, and return it to the attention of Mr. Daniel Leddy, Plant Facilities Administrator, Islip Public Schools, 215 Main Street, Islip, NY 11751, or fax to 650-8448.
Islip Public School District
Request for Pesticide Application Notification
Phone: ______________________ School: ____________________
Please feel free to contact the Islip Public Schools’ Plant and Facilities Administrator,
Mr. Daniel Leddy, at 650-8430, for further information on these requirements.