Back To Board Page
BOARD OF EDUCATION MISSION STATEMENT
The Islip Board of Education, in partnership with the community, will
empower all students to achieve excellence and reach their full
potential. Learner-focused instruction will provide the whole child with
the opportunity to acquire the skills necessary to become a productive
and successful member of society.
BOARD OF EDUCATION GOALS
Through a three to five year plan, the Board of Education will address
the following goals and objectives in a collaborative manner:
1. In order to provide a foundation for success, the district's
operations and the budget will be developed to support high quality
instructional programs and services in a safe, secure learning
environment that reflects both our academic and financial priorities.
2. The Board of Education will review and develop policies that
improve the overall operating success of the Islip school system.
3. For the respect of the community, as a Board, we will plan and
effectively execute Board of Education meetings in a transparent and
timely fashion. The Board will then provide the community with accurate,
4. The Board will continue, through the legislative committee, to
advocate and collaborate with others within the Islip community and our
educational partners to support public education locally, regionally,
5. The Board of Education will perform an annual review.